There’s a lot out there on writing resumes, and not all of it will get you the job. For the job seekers, here’s a list of 15 specific, actionable articles that will help you create the tight, focused marketing tool that you need.
- Resume Proofing Checklist, About.com
- Top 10 Reasons Resumes Suck, Emma Hamer, eHamer Associates
- Time to Lie on Your Resume?, CareerDiva
- Your Resume Writing Needs Specifics, CubeRules
- Recruiting 2.0: Are Resumes a Thing of the Past?, Heather Huhman, Entry Level Careers Examiner
- Marketing 101, 8 hours & a lunch
- Too Much Information (On Your Resume), Please don’t call us headhunters
- Is Your Resume Too Good?, Jeff Lipschultz
- What is a Result?, Job Hacking
- Resume Samples and Advice (The Resume Hunter), Jobacle
- Covering Employment Gaps on a Resume, Simply Hired
- Quick Tips: Grab Bag Resumes, Sweet Careers
- The Job Description is Just a Starting Point, TheJobBored
- One Cover Letter Basic that Lousy Job Seekers Always Leave Out, What Would Dad Say
And one from me in case you missed it: Writing a resume summary statement: Quantify, quantify, quantify.
Got a favorite resume tip? Share in the comments!