It’s business oriented. It’s safe. It’s structured, and easy to get your head around.
It’s also only one corner of the social media universe.
If you’d like to investigate other arenas for professional networking online, Facebook may be a good next effort.
Check out this excellent Mashable article on using Facebook professionally, and see what might work for you!
- Facebook Friends and Business Networking: Friend is a Dirty Word
- Are you making one of these 10 Facebook job search mistakes?
- HowTo LinkedIn #4: Your professional experience
- LinkedIn Advanced Techniques for Job Search Networking
- Networking barrier-busters: 4 keys to productive networking